Wednesday, February 18, 2009

works and ideas...

I havnt updated my blog in ages so I thought I ought to get back into the swing of things. Im coming to the end of my 6 week internship at The Old Sweet Shop. Its been a great experience and Joe has been great in letting me push my own ideas and work. Ive done lots of drawing, some of which will be up on my website soon and there's some definite scope for pushing things further with my illustrations which is exciting. 

On the design side of things both myself and Joe have been getting really excited about about a process book we are collaborating on. Its been a real long haul but the end result should look fantastic. Its been a perfect opportunity for me to get stuck into photography, sculpture and illustration and then design a small publication around it. Fingers crossed it will be finished soon and I'll get images up on the site asap.

On Monday, I start a months internship with branding agency Coley Porter Bell. It'll be an interesting one as they're a massive agency who focus big time on the corporate side of design, so not necessarily my cup of tea but it should be a worth while experience and one which could well lead on to other things. 

Im also planning on kicking off some small projects. One for LA based band Hands, designing their album artwork and another for house producer Pheps, designing artwork for digital releases. Stay on the look out for all of this and fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment